Canon G10 Powershot - 5 Reasons to Sell Your Canon G10 And Buy A G11
In their press release they refer to the G11 as "the successor to the multi award-winning PowerShot G10 - the favourite compact of professional photographers and photoagencies the world over."
I'd have to say I totally agree with Canon's description of the venerable little Canon G10. The G10 is pretty much alone in the crowd, as far as compact digital cameras go. No other compact offers up such a sweet blend of features, build quality, image quality, and loveability as the Canon G10.
The question now is, will the Canon G11 measure up? Will it truly be a successor as Canon calls it or will G10 owners be better off keeping their wonderful little G10's and not bothering with the newer G11?
Here's 5 Reasons to Sell Your Canon G10 and buy the new G11.
1. The G11 is newer than the Canon G10. It'll have better image processing and be capable of delivering a better quality image, especially at high ISO.
2. The G11 will be better at shooting in dim lighting at high ISO than the Canon G10. Canon is claiming the G11 will be up to 2 stops better at high ISO, compared to the G10. Considering most of the kind of images you would shoot with either the Canon G10 or the Canon G11 will be ones that benefit from being able to use a higher ISO, this is a clear advantage of the G11 over the Canon G10.
3. The resale price of your G10 will only go down once the G11 is available. In fact, if you can live without it until the G11 is available, sell your Canon G10 now and get the most you can for it. It'll make the cost of upgrading less painful. :-)
4. The G11 will be the compact digital camera to have. If you want to be part of the "IN" crowd, then you should sell your Canon G10 and buy a G11. Of course, I'm being a little tongue in cheek here, but if you're like me and love new gadgets, there is something to this point.
5. If you sell your G10 now for top dollar, and you buy the Canon G11, you'll have minimized your upgrade costs as I mentioned in reason #3. If you end up not liking the G11 as much as you liked your Canon G10, you can always sell your G11 for top dollar, and buy another new, used, or re-conditioned G10, almost certainly for less than you were able to sell your first Canon G10 for. You win either way.
So there's my 5 Reasons to Sell Your Canon G10 and Buy a G11. Of course, you may just want to keep your G10 and buy the G11 anyways. You can convince the wife this is a good idea by telling her she can use one of them for herself. You'll get your new G11, get to keep your beloved G10, and you'll have scored points with the Mrs. Perfect scenario! :-)
More on the Canon G10...
Developing Canon G10 RAW - Lightroom vs Canon DPP
Shooting the G10 at ISO 800 and ISO 1600
Closeup Pics Using Macro Mode On the Canon G10
Mrs. Ballard Shoots The Canon G10 - Straight Out Of Camera Jpegs
Shooting the Canon G10 With An SB-26 Off Camera Flash
Canon G10 Unboxing & Why I Bought A Canon G10
5 Reasons To Sell Your Canon G10 And Buy A G11