Thanks for visiting the Art of the Image blog. We've moved over to www.artoftheimage.com so this blog is no longer updated, but please feel free to peruse the articles and content here.

When you're finished, please visit us at www.artoftheimage.com for all the current blog posts and information. Thanks!!!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Canon G10 Unboxing & Why I Bought A Canon G10



I wanted to share the excitement of unboxing my new Canon G10 so I made a quick video from the webcam on my laptop. Who doesn't love opening up a new digital camera!

Many of you will probably be asking yourself why I bought a new Canon G10 when the Canon G11 has just been announced, and there's a few reasons.

First, I got a good deal on my G10. If you've been on the fence about buying a Canon G10, now is a great time to buy one as the price has dropped due to the Canon G11 announcement.

Second, I've been meaning to pick up a Canon G10 for a while now. There are lots of times that I don't want to haul out my Nikon D300 and all the accompanying gear, but I still want to take a good picture. The G10 is perhaps the best little compact digital camera out there for getting you as close to shooting with a DSLR without actually shooting with one. The G10 picture quality is incredible, and the camera is a pleasure to shoot with.

Third, I want to compare the G10 against the new Canon G11 when it comes out. As long as my wife doesn't catch me (just kidding), I'm going to buy a G11 when they hit the stores, and then I'm going to do an in-depth comparison of the two including image quality, high ISO, ergonomics, features, etc.

So tune in for upcoming articles on the G10, AND the G11 as soon I can get my hands on one.


Relevant and related...

Developing Canon G10 RAW - Lightroom vs Canon DPP

Shooting the G10 at ISO 800 and ISO 1600

Closeup Pics Using Macro Mode On the Canon G10

Mrs. Ballard Shoots The Canon G10 - Straight Out Of Camera Jpegs

Shooting the Canon G10 With An SB-26 Off Camera Flash

Canon G10 Unboxing & Why I Bought A Canon G10

5 Reasons To Sell Your Canon G10 And Buy A G11

1 comment:

Roel Dixon-Mahatoo said...

Matt,

I have the G10 and it is a great little camera. If you can keep it under ISO 200, the files are beautiful. I initially bought it for a trip to Cuba and I wanted to travel very light - having said that, I have ISO 80 images I can easily enlarge to 16x20 without an issue.

Congrats on your new toy. I look forward to your G11 review!