Thanks for visiting the Art of the Image blog. We've moved over to www.artoftheimage.com so this blog is no longer updated, but please feel free to peruse the articles and content here.

When you're finished, please visit us at www.artoftheimage.com for all the current blog posts and information. Thanks!!!

Monday, March 16, 2009

LED lights for Photography




I've tried a few LED lights, but so far nothing has really clicked for me. I'm still more comfortable using an SB-800 or SB-600, or a combination of off-camera flashes (usually my favourite SB-26's).

That said, I continue to see some great work done with LED lights. Folks always have their favourites, and I've seen everything from deerlights from the hardware store to expensive, designed-for-photography lights like the LitePanels.

Check out this article by Philip Hinkle at EventDV.net where he compares the new TorchLED TL-50 with the LitePanels LED Micro and the Sony HVL-20DW2.
In the Field: Switronix TorchLED TL-50