Thanks for visiting the Art of the Image blog. We've moved over to www.artoftheimage.com so this blog is no longer updated, but please feel free to peruse the articles and content here.

When you're finished, please visit us at www.artoftheimage.com for all the current blog posts and information. Thanks!!!

Friday, March 13, 2009

iPortfolio... an excuse to buy an iPhone or an iPod Touch


If you're like me, and you don't already have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, here's yet another good reason you and I should have one. iPortfolio.

I made up the term, at least I think I did. As far as I know, and from what a quick googling of the term showed, there's no app or device name iPortfolio at this point, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have one. :)

One of the reasons I've been kicking around the idea of buying an iPod Touch (besides the fact that they're so freakin' cool) is to have an iPortfolio. An iPortfolio is a selection of your best work stored on your iPod Touch or iPhone so that you can quickly show a potential client, existing client, (or anybody else for that matter) at a moment's notice.

Consider these scenarios.

You're out and about and meet someone who needs some headshots done. You whip out your iPod Touch or iPhone and show them some of your best headshots.

You've just been introduced to a friend of a friend who's getting married soon. You whip out your iPod Touch or iPhone and blow them away with the beauty and elegance of your wedding portfolio.

You're out on a shoot and you're hitting a wall. You're subject isn't getting the shot you're trying to explain. You whip out your iPod Touch or iPhone and show them some samples that demonstrate what you're trying to do (might be your work, or it might be some inspirational stuff you've saved from another photog).

I've pretty much talked myself into one. You can blame me if I've talked you into one too. I will say that I'll likely be going with the iPod Touch as I just can't deal with the highway robbery of the iPhone service plans. My left arm is just too much to pay to surf the net with an iPhone, especially when I can do pretty much all the same stuff using an iPod Touch provided I've got WiFi access which is pretty much everywhere these days.