Thanks for visiting the Art of the Image blog. We've moved over to www.artoftheimage.com so this blog is no longer updated, but please feel free to peruse the articles and content here.

When you're finished, please visit us at www.artoftheimage.com for all the current blog posts and information. Thanks!!!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Uncoventional Guide to Art and Money

Once in a while I come across a truly amazing idea or product, and when I do I get excited.

When I purchased The Unconventional Guide to Art and Money I wasn't sure what to expect. It looked interesting, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be worth the $39 it cost.

I was obviously intrigued enough to buy it, and actually I paid $58 for the up-graded Picasso Version which comes with 3 additional interviews. I figured I had nothing to lose as it has a money back guarantee.

The first thing I noticed is that the guide is VERY well laid-out, both from a visual and organizational stand-point. It looks good!

The next thing I noticed was that I was half-way through it. I'd intended to give it a quick once over and come back to it later for a more thorough read. Turns out I just kept reading until I was done. It was so interesting that I wanted to hear the rest.

I've since read it through a couple more times, and gone back to it for information and references more times than that.

If you're in an Art related business, this guide is for you. As Chris (the author) says,

"Here's a shocking idea: artists are not destined to be poor. If you're an artist, you can actually make money from your art, feel good about it, and build up a following to support your independent career."

Actually, if you're an artist... photographer, painter, sculptor, illustrator, cartoonist... whatever, you owe it to yourself to read this guide. It may just change your life. I liked it so much I contacted Chris and arranged to become an affiliate of Chris' and promote the guide.

Of course, if you're a starving artist and quite happy to be so, it's probably not for you. I know some artists feel that being a starving artist is necessary to their art. If that's you, pretend you didn't see this post.

As for me, I've already started putting some of the ideas in the guide into effect. I am quite happy to make more money from my art (photography and writing). I have nothing against being an adequately paid artist. I wouldn't even complain if my art made me rich. :)

If you're like me and not adverse to making a little more money, buy The Unconventional Guide to Art and Money. Chris guarantees it so you've got nothing to lose. If you don't love it, he'll refund your money!

No comments: