Thanks for visiting the Art of the Image blog. We've moved over to www.artoftheimage.com so this blog is no longer updated, but please feel free to peruse the articles and content here.

When you're finished, please visit us at www.artoftheimage.com for all the current blog posts and information. Thanks!!!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Stuff I Want from Nikon

I've been watching and listening to all the rumours floating around lately, and I decided to make a list of stuff that I want from Nikon.

Nikon D400 - at least 16 Mega-pixels with cleaner high ISO than my D300 bodies have. Doesn't need video, but fine if they throw it in. Doesn't need the flip down LCD like the D5000, but again, it's ok if they throw it in. Not sure I'd buy one, but Nikon needs this one to stay competitive.

Nikon D4000 - might be the replacement for the aging D40. At least 12 Mega-pixels (mostly because they kinda have to as that's where the market is at these days), video (to keep Nikon's edge), and maybe the flip down LCD like the D5000's. I might buy one for a walk-around camera.

Nikon D800 - a 24 Mega-pixel version of the D700. No video. No flip down LCD. Just that SUPER SWEET sensor from the D3X in a D700 body at around $4K. I'll buy one for sure! (UPDATE: Looks like it going to be called the D700x.)

Point and Shoot Coolpix with a 1.6 crop sensor - easy, just take the D90 sensor and put it in a Coolpix body with a nice 24-60mm f2.8 lens. I'm all over this one too. I'll take one!

Nikon 85mm f1.2 G AF-S - a lot of folks want this in the PRO world. I might buy one if it comes down the pipe.

Nikon 85mm f1.4 G AF-S VR - this is probably the one I'd buy, guaranteed if it had VR. Actually, I'd be perfectly happy with an up-dated f1.8 version with VR.

Nikon 85mm f1.8 G AF-S VR - the above mentioned one I'd be perfectly happy with. Sold!

Nikon 28mm f1.2 G AF-S - another one that a lot of folks in the PRO world want. I probably wouldn't buy one, but you never know. :)

Nikon Soft-Box for SB-900, SB-800, and SB-600 flashes (and likely to fit all previous Nikon SB flashes) - extremely portable, about 12 inches square, folds down flat, very well made as befitting the Nikon brand name. Sells for about $100 or so. I'll take two!

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll let you know if I think of anything else. :)

(or, let me know if you think of anything else)

UPDATE: Comparing the D700X vs Nikon D3X

No comments: