Thanks for visiting the Art of the Image blog. We've moved over to www.artoftheimage.com so this blog is no longer updated, but please feel free to peruse the articles and content here.

When you're finished, please visit us at www.artoftheimage.com for all the current blog posts and information. Thanks!!!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kodak Zi8 HD Video Test: Ella Playing the Kitty Cat Keyboard



I was looking for a small, ultra compact HD video recorder for doing quick videos with little set-up or fiddling around required.

My first thought was the FLIP, but after checking out some reviews and specs, it became apparent the Kodak Zi8 was a better choice and a better price.

I got mine on sale of a little over a $100, and the Zi8 does 1080HD video whereas the FLIP video recorder doesn't (at least not the ones I was looking at the time).

So far I'm thrilled with the Zi8. It has great color and really good video quality. The Zi8 even has a macro setting that works quite well.

Even better, the Zi8 has a mic in jack to use an external microphone! Bonus!

Here's a sample video I shot with my Kodak Zi8 of Ella playing the Kitty Cat Keyboard. Basically un-edited HD footage.

No comments: