Thanks for visiting the Art of the Image blog. We've moved over to www.artoftheimage.com so this blog is no longer updated, but please feel free to peruse the articles and content here.

When you're finished, please visit us at www.artoftheimage.com for all the current blog posts and information. Thanks!!!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Nikon D3100 Unboxed


Nikon D3100 & Nikon 50mm f1.4G

My Nikon D3100 came in! Here's it is unboxed with the Nikon 50mm f1.4G AF-S on it, which is the lens that will likely stay on it.

I'm curious to see if the Nikon D3100 is going to make the grade as a prime camera.

It's small and light.

It has the same excellent 11 point auto focus system as the Nikon D90.

The big bonus... the D3100 appears to have even better high ISO image quality than the D90 despite it having 2 more megapixels (from all initial reports and sample images I've seen).

So... here we go. Time to put my new Nikon D3100 through it's paces.

(of course, my Nikon D7000 should be here in a couple of weeks, and that is on my mind too so my Nikon D3100 has got to make the grade or it'll get dropped in favour of a 2nd D7000)


Related posts...

Nikon D3100 vs Nikon D90

Nikon D3100 Gamechanger

Nikon D3100... the Perfect Prime Camera?

The Nikon D90 - The Perfect DSLR For Just About Everyone

No comments: