Thanks for visiting the Art of the Image blog. We've moved over to www.artoftheimage.com so this blog is no longer updated, but please feel free to peruse the articles and content here.

When you're finished, please visit us at www.artoftheimage.com for all the current blog posts and information. Thanks!!!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nikon D3100 High ISO Wedding Images

I had the Nikon D3100 with me at last Saturday's wedding.

It was a great chance to try it out in low light indoors, not to mention mixed, less than ideal lighting.

Shot some candid and detail photos during the reception using the Nikon 50mm f1.4G on the D3100.

Here's a few (click on the image to see larger)...

Bride & Groom shot with Nikon D3100 @ ISO 1800
Nikon D3100 @ ISO 1800

Top of the Wedding Cake - Nikon D3100 @ ISO 6400
Nikon D3100 @ ISO 6400

Wedding Cupcakes - Nikon D3100 @ ISO 3200
Nikon D3100 @ ISO 3200

You can see the full-size jpgs at my Nikon D3100 Flickr set.

Related posts...

Nikon D3100 Unboxed

Nikon D3100 vs Nikon D90

Nikon D3100 Gamechanger

Nikon D3100... the Perfect Prime Camera?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first photograph is really nice - care to share some of your lighting secrets?

Unknown said...

Location was the key here actually. This is shot at the Blyth Theatre (http://www.blythfestival.com), and I had the use of the theatre lighting.

Rah said...

keep it coming :)

Andrew said...

I bought it last week but I didn't manage to test it like you did... I will go next week at a newborn party and I see what can I do with it there... Great photos

Sajeev Vyasa said...

I want to buy a Nikon D3100. whats your opinion? mail me back to sajeevvyasa@gmail.com