Thanks for visiting the Art of the Image blog. We've moved over to www.artoftheimage.com so this blog is no longer updated, but please feel free to peruse the articles and content here.

When you're finished, please visit us at www.artoftheimage.com for all the current blog posts and information. Thanks!!!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nikon D700x, D800, D900... Whatever The Name, IT'S COMING!

Rumors abound all over the net. The much talked about, much desired, Nikon D700x, Nikon D800, or Nikon D900... whatever you want to call it, IS COMING!

The two new Nikon lenses that have been rumored for a while now have just been announced. Line up now to get your Nikon 24mm f1.4G AF-S or Nikon 16-35mm f4G ED VR AF-S, or save your pennies and wait for the coming D700x (or D800, or D900, or whatever they end up calling the mini D3X).

I'm getting excited. I recently gave in and purchased a Nikon D700, and I LOVE IT! It's quite possibly the best DSLR ever made, all things considered (price, features, build quality, image quality, focus). Just about the only thing that could make the D700 even better is a big brother D700x.

I've laid out the specs for the D700x in several previous articles, and needless to say, no matter what they call it, the mini D3X is going to be SWEET. A D3x sensor in a D700 body. Yeah baby! That's what I'm talking about.

As much as I love the rugged beauty of the D3s and the D3X, the larger bodies have never been my cup of tea. I've known since the day the D700 was announced that I'd own one soon, and I know right now that the D700x will be mine too. Paired with the D700, I'll have a killer combo of two of the best damn DSLR's on the planet!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and reveal a little insider info, intuition, insight, speculation... whatever you want to call it. We'll be seeing the D700x before Spring, and that's all I can tell ya at the moment.

Related articles...

Uncle Bob Leaks TOP SECRET Info On The Nikon D700X

Nikon D700X Replacement For The D700?

Nikon D700x Pricing Misconceptions

2 comments:

Daf said...

Agreed. A D700x/800/900 would likely be my ultimate camera. Don't think I'd ever need to buy another ever again.
Although I'm almost caving in to buy a 700 (currently 200).

Anonymous said...

want one!!