Thanks for visiting the Art of the Image blog. We've moved over to www.artoftheimage.com so this blog is no longer updated, but please feel free to peruse the articles and content here.

When you're finished, please visit us at www.artoftheimage.com for all the current blog posts and information. Thanks!!!

Friday, April 4, 2014

The Best Little Wireless Flash Trigger Receiver for the Price


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002W3IXZW/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002W3IXZW&linkCode=as2&tag=artoftheima-20

There are a LOT of wireless flash trigger receiver units out there, and I'm sure a lot of them are pretty good.

What I KNOW is that I've been using these little wireless flash triggers & receivers for years now, and they work GREAT!


Range is very good.  I've even forgot to turn off a flash, gone outside on the street in front of my house, and been surprised to see my living room window light up when the flash goes off because I've still got the trigger in my camera's hotshoe.

Bear in mind that's through a window, as well as some distance away as I was standing down the street.

No, I'm not saying these little guys are better than Pocket Wizards.  What I am saying is that they work great, have decent range, and at $22 for a set, they are TINY FRACTION of the cost of Pocket Wizards.

Do the math.

Pocket Wizards are $149.99 each as of when I checked just now on Amazon.

These little Cowboy Studio Wireless Flash Trigger Receiver sets are $22.45 or $32.01 for a set of 2 receivers and 1 trigger.

You can buy 5 Cowboy Studio triggers and 10 receivers for the price of ONE Pocket Wizard, and remember, you need TWO, so that's 10 Cowboy triggers and 20 receivers!!!

Now, I'm not saying if you're Joe McNally and you're shooting a once in a lifetime event that you shouldn't use Pocket Wizards.  I probably would myself.  Some occasions demand the absolute best gear available.

But for general, every day use, the Cowboy Studio triggers and receivers have never let me down, and at the price, I can afford to have multiple back-ups which I can also use for more complicated lighting set-ups.  Win-win.

  

No comments: