Thanks for visiting the Art of the Image blog. We've moved over to www.artoftheimage.com so this blog is no longer updated, but please feel free to peruse the articles and content here.

When you're finished, please visit us at www.artoftheimage.com for all the current blog posts and information. Thanks!!!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Nikon D7000: Lilly & Ella - filmed with the Nikon 35mm f1.8G


filmed with the Nikon D7000 & Nikon 35mm f1.8G

I've been getting lots of questions about the Nikon D7000 video abilities.

The short answer is, the D7000 is excellent at video. It is easily the equal of my Canon T2i, and may even be better (translation... it's the equal of the Canon 60D and Canon 7D too as all 3 do the same quality video).

I actually prefer the controls for the video on my Nikon D7000 better than on my Canon T2i, especially the live view switch and movie record button.

Yes, the Nikon D7000 only does 24fps at 1080HD, but that's the industry standard. It's also something they may change in a later firmware release. You can get 24fps and 30fps at the 720HD setting.

I'll keep you up to date as I shoot more video with my D7000.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you get the same AF click sounds as you do with the D3100?